Re: How to do translations

From: A.Pruszynski (abiword@wp.pl)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 16:38:42 EST

    Hi Raphael,

    My algoritm is faster:

    1. See which translation is most complete
    http://www.abisource.com/dev/strings/strings.html

    nn-NO 98%
    pl-PL 97%
    it-IT 97%

    Let it be nn-NO.

    2. Copy nn-NO.strings to your zz-ZZ.strings

    3. Replace strings inside zz-ZZ.strings file with zz-ZZ translation in
    a simple text editor. If you rerun Abi you can see your work at once.

    Andrzej

    PS.
    I am suggesting to use a script for creating en-US.strings file from
    ap_strings.id.h and xap_strings.id.h sets. This would be the way for
    having an example file with 100% strings. In such a case use
    en-US.strings, no nn-NO.strings.
    Such script can be easly obtained by modifying a perl script written
    by Kenneth Christiansen, even if have small knowlegde about perl.