Re: RE : commit: Layout horizontally with screen units.

From: Patrick Lam (plam@plam.lcs.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 00:22:20 EST

    On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 05:03:05PM -0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
    > > Where pCharSpec is pointer to an array of structs, containing a ucs4
    > > valueof th glyph and the (x,y) location of the glyph. Is such a
    > > function available for win32 and other builds?
    >
    > We already place all characters individually, that's how the
    > overstriking characters are handled (see for instance
    > fp_TextRun::_draw() and gr_Graphichs::drawChars()).

    Hi Tomas,

    Dom and I were looking at this code earlier, and we were a bit confused.
    The fp_TextRun class has a static member containing char widths; we
    couldn't quite figure out what it was caching char widths for. And
    it looked like most code paths were not specifying char widths for
    gr_Graphics::drawChars().

    Can you explain what the static s_pCharAdvance member does? I couldn't
    find any other args passed to ::drawChars besides this array.

    pat