Re: commit (HEAD): toward AW native clipboard

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2003 - 20:54:10 EDT

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

    > Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:04:52 +0100
    > From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych@yahoo.co.uk>
    > To: abiword-dev@abisource.com
    > Subject: commit (HEAD): toward AW native clipboard
    >

    > changes to the AW imp/exp necessary for use with clipboard;
    > formatting currently ignored.

    Sorry I did not respond to the earlier post proposing this change, I
    expected Dom or some one else would.

    I just want to reiterate (and somewhat paraphrase what I believe Paul Rohr
    said way back when) that as Rich Text Format (RTF) was the defacto
    standard for Word Processing it absolutely had to work and be rigoursly
    tested and to force the developers to deal with any bugs. For that reason
    it was made the default clipboard format even above abiwords own internal
    format.

    Devils advocate:
    Is this no longer true abiword import and export of RTF so brilliant that
    we can afford to demote it? Is this problem something that goes beyond
    the limits of RTF?

    Would someone please speak up and stop me quickly in case I am embarassing
    myself?

    Sincerely

    Alan Horkan
    http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/