Re: style/diction in Abiword

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 16:55:57 EST

    On 23 Mar 2003, Stephen Waters wrote:

    > Date: 23 Mar 2003 15:39:24 -0600
    > From: Stephen Waters <swaters@luy.info>
    > To: Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>
    > Cc: Alan Horkan <horkana@maths.tcd.ie>,
    > Subject: Re: style/diction in Abiword
    >
    > After talking with Dom, I'm thinking the Grammar thing should work like
    > the Spellcheck thing with various engines underneath. We could use the
    > 'en' and 'de' phrase libs though... on Debian they live in
    > /usr/share/diction.

    cool

    > Could 'style' be handled via a plugin? It just prints out a bunch of
    > stats about your document. I'm envisioning a "Tools / Statistics..."
    > menu item.

    you know, you dont have to do both (at least not at the same time :)
    they were suggested at the same time but besides that they are only
    loosely connected.

    now that you suggest style in terms of statistics i remember a user
    requesting some sort of "count unique words" feature (which if i recall
    correctly some other pulishing application he used was able to do),
    although i cannot seem to find a relevant bug report/feature request.

    hmm, found the thread,
    http://www.abisource.com/mailinglists/abiword-user/02/Apr/0089.html
    but still cant find any mention of it in bugzilla.

    Perhaps someone can give a detailed explantion of this feature in
    QuarkExpress, as it might serve as a useful comparison.

    Sincerely

    Alan Horkan

    Visit Dublin!
    http://www.guadec.org