Re: style/diction in Abiword

From: Jordi Mas (jmas@softcatala.org)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 17:13:58 EST

    En/na Stephen Waters ha escrit:
    > After talking with Dom, I'm thinking the Grammar thing should work like
    > the Spellcheck thing with various engines underneath. We could use the
    > 'en' and 'de' phrase libs though... on Debian they live in
    > /usr/share/diction.
    >
    > Could 'style' be handled via a plugin? It just prints out a bunch of
    > stats about your document. I'm envisioning a "Tools / Statistics..."
    > menu item.

    Interesting. I have also to look into this soon. A friend of mine is
    developing a grammar spell checker for the Catalan language and I would like
    to write a plugin to integrate it in Abiword. His grammar spell checker does
    syntactical analysis of the sentences and it uses pattern-matching to detect
    common wrong constructions and it also checks for proper coordination of
    gender (articles, names, etc) and verbs. He is really doing an amazing job.

    I have to look into the Akisaurus plugin, but I do not if we the current
    infrastructure I'll be able to implement "auto spellchecking", you know,
    marking automatically the possible grammar errors as the users ends sentences.

    --

    Jordi Mas http://www.softcatala.org