Re: AbiWord Weekly News #137 (2003, week 13) released

From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 08:43:56 EST

    On Sunday 30 March 2003 03:32 am, E . A . Zen wrote:
    > Issue #137 has been released.

    Eric,

    I find some irony in the following statement which is in every issue of
    the Weekly News:

    "Traffic on the user mailing list is sporadic at best. Often, a good
    topic comes up, but users tend to only respond to the original poster
    rather than the list (as well), which limits what I would add, as the
    only lone threads I post are announcements of importance or points of
    great interest."

    Suggestions to make "reply to the list" the default has been discussed
    and rejected more than once, but maybe we'd want to consider doing it
    that way for the user list only, as perhaps users are less likely to
    switch a reply to the list?

    BTW, I'm not suggesting you delete that statement from AbiWord -- maybe
    it's the reminder some users need to switch their replys to the list?

    Of course, the other alternative is to continually plug the TWiki as
    the place to record answers (with questions) for the benefit of the
    next person. BTW: thanks for your plug last week!

    How do others on the users list feel?

    Randy Kramer