Re: Several blockers in 1.9.1

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 06:51:07 EDT

    On 13 May 2003, Marc Maurer wrote:

    > Date: 13 May 2003 11:49:02 +0200
    > From: Marc Maurer <j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl>
    > To: msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
    > Cc: Dennis Heuer <dh@onclick.org>, abiword-dev@abisource.com
    > Subject: Re: Several blockers in 1.9.1
    >
    > > Yes. I don't know why we went back to that behaviour. Did someone mean
    > > to do it or is it a bug?
    > >
    > > Could someone please explain? If there is no explanation, I will assume
    > > it's a bug and I'll fix it.

    This is not a bug.

    On Gnome it is definately supposed to Quit/Exit when the last document is
    closed, this is specified by the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines and Dom
    fixed it.
    I think it is reasonable to infer that you are using Balsa on Unix. If
    you really dont like this behaviour you can read the FAQ about editing
    your Abiword.Profile (I mean it really, no one ever seems to get it right
    first time read the instructions carefully) and override the setting.

    > abiword window, abiword will "magically" emerge again. Thus, the user
    > thinks abiword can not be closed. I don't want this behavior.

    I dont want that behaviour either, I think clicking on the 'X' should
    absolutely result in a quit even if the user has turned off exit on last
    document.
    Automatically opening a new blank document should be restricted to
    specifically when the user chooses Close, either by the menu item or by
    using Ctlr+W (or other menu shortcut).

    Sincerely

    Alan Horkan
    http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/