Commit: windows unicode input update

From: Daniel Glassey (danglassey@ntlworld.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 17:54:49 EDT

    ok, I've got permission to land the patch so here goes. Remember, you'll
    need to get unicows.lib from somewhere if you want to be able to build.
    (libunicows.sf.net for mingw, and msvc if you don't have it from
    somewhere else)

    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: src/af/ev/win/ev_Win32Keyboard.cpp
    CVS: src/af/gr/win/gr_Win32CharWidths.cpp
    CVS: src/af/xap/win/xap_Win32FrameImpl.cpp
    CVS: src/config/platforms/win32.mk src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32App.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32FrameImpl.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32FrameImpl.h src/wp/main/win/Makefile
    win32 unicode input patch, using some W api functions so need to
    build with unicows.lib, and appropriate window classes are W to accept
    unicode messages

    Known issues (will put in bugzilla when have time):
    (1)The titlebar doesn't show the filename, just the first letter - I
    assume it needs it passed in in unicode but I haven't seen where yet.
    (2)Typing in Hebrew leaves a lot of pixel dirt.
    (3)Typing in Thai for a bit gets the cursor in the wrong place, then abi
    crashes when the cursor is way past the end of the line.
    (4)Using an IME to input Chinese(either), Japanese or Korean puts in
    lots of ? instead of the right characters.
    (5)Asserts in Toolbar for szState or something (haven't replicated it
    today but just so you know it might turn up)

    Regards,
    Daniel