Re: Commit: windows unicode input update

From: Daniel Glassey (danglassey@ntlworld.com)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 10:03:35 EDT

    Daniel Glassey wrote:
    > ok, I've got permission to land the patch so here goes. Remember, you'll
    > need to get unicows.lib from somewhere if you want to be able to build.
    > (libunicows.sf.net for mingw, and msvc if you don't have it from
    > somewhere else)

    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: src/af/xap/win/xap_Win32FrameImpl.cpp

    unicode input still works when the XAP_Win32FrameImpl frame is an ansi
    one. So putting it to that so that the titlebar works again

    > win32 unicode input patch, using some W api functions so need to
    > build with unicows.lib, and appropriate window classes are W to accept
    > unicode messages
    >
    > Known issues (will put in bugzilla when have time):
    > (1)The titlebar doesn't show the filename, just the first letter - I
    > assume it needs it passed in in unicode but I haven't seen where yet.

    fixed

    > (2)Typing in Hebrew leaves a lot of pixel dirt.

    still there

    > (3)Typing in Thai for a bit gets the cursor in the wrong place, then abi
    > crashes when the cursor is way past the end of the line.

    still there, possibly related to bug 2868

    > (4)Using an IME to input Chinese(either), Japanese or Korean puts in
    > lots of ? instead of the right characters.

    I reckon that is bug 3477 so the unicode input fix has had no effect on
    that.

    > (5)Asserts in Toolbar for szState or something (haven't replicated it
    > today but just so you know it might turn up)

    still haven't found that again

    Regards,
    Daniel