Re: (That other discussion)

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 14:22:30 EDT

    > First, it appears we're considering dropping the
    > trademark imagery for now (though more comical uses
    > of Abi the Ant may recur), and concentrating on a
    > new concept, and possible work on the more generic
    > pen and paper icon. If the A-swoosh/swish returns,
    > it'll be as a very generic all-in-one logo.

    Well, A-based artwork could be interesting in addition
    to the Ant and Pen+Paper. But do what you're
    interested in. It'll be useful to have at least 2
    choices to compare/contrast. 3 might be more
    interesting still.

    > As for the new thing(s), I have one in mind I want
    > to hammer out for showing off by the start of next
    > week, and I think Jan has his own idea of something
    > to play with. The question being, and this is
    > probably more to Frank in regards to vector
    > graphics, will WMF format be usable? Jan said it
    > was a standard, but I've never seen anything on it,
    > so, I'm going to ask.

    For vector graphics, use SVG if at all possible. PNGs
    would probably be acceptable for most uses, but it
    wouldn't hurt to have them as SVG, which we can
    convert to PNG or whatever as we need to. I'll
    recommend using Adobe Illustrator for creating SVG, or
    alternately (albeit with a much less glowing
    review...) Sodipodi. See also FJF's comments on the
    horrible-ness of WMF.