Re[2]: Problem when hacking xap_Win32FrameImpl.cpp

From: Kenneth J. Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 13:04:03 EST

    Is this Head or Stable2 branch? The stable2 branch still has the file
    messed up (\r\r\n end of line on cvs co with a client that does \n ->
    \r\n), but head it is as expected (\n -> \r\n).

    I have no problems making changes and cvs diff only seeing the changed
    part (after deleting and cvs updating to get the file asis in cvs).

    Have you looked at your local copy via a hex editor after changing to
    see what EOF you have?

    Are you using cygwin's cvs client? If so and you have your cygwin
    environment setup to use UNIX EOL conventions, then you will need to
    manually do a dos2unix on your files before commiting if your editor
    saves with DOS EOL conventions -- most programs will read Unix EOLs
    but save with DOS EOLs.

    Please look with a hex editor at the file right after a cvs checkout
    and then after you edit it and see if the line endings are the same.

    I use a native win32 cvs client which does \n -> \r\n conversion on
    co and \r\n -> \n on commit; I originally used cygwin's cvs and ran
    into the problems you are seeing (as I had it set up for Unix EOLs).

    Jeremy