Re: More thoughts on AbiShow

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@seviorpc.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 00:35:59 EST

    On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 15:01, Jordi Mas wrote:
    > > Of course you're right about "needing dedicated individuals to do
    > > all the work". I have more than enough to do to get AbiWord to where I
    > > want it to be for 2.2. However I can't stop thinking about how to do all
    >
    > Well, it's just funny that people is working on 2.2 when STABLE needs so much
    > work. It's very interesting and necessary to add new features, but it seems
    > that there is very few people interested in making Abiword into a real useful
    > tool.
    >
    > I use Abiword every day in Linux and Win32 (as much as I can) and it really
    > needs lots of works. I know, lots of things are small details, but the
    > diference is there. Abiword just is not there for any serious work.
    >
    > Abiword is the kind of program that works on my machine and for my needs (tm),
    > good look buys. We should work together to change that.

    Hi Jordi,
            Every time I see a bugzilla report from you I take it seriously
    and fix it. Make good bug reports and things will get fixed.

    Some things, like a lot of Windows FE stuff, are not in my area of
    expertise so I don't worry about it.

    In any case I think there is a case to made for introducing cool new
    features in parallel with maintaining a stable product. It's fun (why
    else would do this anyway) and our users like to see them too.

    Martin