Re: Valencian Language

From: Jordi Mas (jmas_at_softcatala.org)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 08:05:13 EST

    En/na Jaime Vicente Hurtado Perea ha escrit:

    > The translation of Abiword into Valencian language is correct and has NOT any
    > grammatical or orthografic as Jordi Mas is writing. It's written and translated
    > into Valencian language, recognized by Valencian Statute in article 7.1.
    >
    > Here I link to you Valencian ortography so anyone can see:
    >
    > http://www.upv.es/aevp/valencia/llengua/ortografia.htm
    >
    > Jordi Mas is not valencian and doesn't speak valencian. He is catalan, and his
    > version in catala is included. I would ask some respect from his part, and the
    > other subscribers, so valencian version is also up. This product spreads should
    > also in Valencian lands. If Jordi Mas doesn't mine...

    My father is from Valencia. I do speak understand Catalan and all its
    dialects. And I know its political situation very well.

    The Valencian language is something artificial that has been created by
    right-wing political groups is Valencia to destroy the unity of Catalan as a
    minor language and fragment its community. Unfortunally, they have succeeding
    at some stage.

    No scientific or linguistic community recognises Valencian as a language. As a
    example, see Ethnologue, http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=CLN,
    that has information about more than 6000 languages.

    Adding support for Valencian is supporting the theory of right-wind political
    parties and supporting the destroy of the Calalan language.

    I have worked to add support to Abi to every kind of minor language, since I
    respect all the cultures, but you do not are participating in a deliberate
    effort of fragmenting an exiting language with the only objective of
    destroying it.

    Thanks,

    --

    Jordi Mas i Hernŕndez (homepage http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas) http://www.softcatala.org