Re: 2.1.0 this week?

From: Jordi Mas (jmas_at_softcatala.org)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 07:57:20 EST

    En/na msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au ha escrit:

    > Hi Folks,
    > I just thought I'd formally talk about something we've been
    > chatting about on IRC for a while. When should we release 2.1.0?
    >
    > Given that Hub is on the verge getting the OSX port usable, I think it
    > makes sense for us to go for a fair bit of publicity on this release.
    >
    > So the question is, should we aim for a 2.1.0 release this week? I can do
    > the release towards the end of the week myself.
    >
    > Things I'd like to see in 2.1.0..
    >
    > 1. OSX binaries :-) (If Hub is happy)
    > 2. Windows printing working again.
    >
    > 3. No new big bugs....
    >
    > The publicity I have in mind is...
    >
    > 1. Slashdot, macslash, mac central,... all the numerous place mac-heads
    > hang out. (Maybe I can bribe plam to submit a story for slashdot. I'm 0
    > for 3 so far)
    >
    > 2. Our usual haunts in the Linux and GNOME communities.
    >
    > Opinions?

    STABLE is getting better also. There have been a few important fixes. May be
    to take the opportunity also to release a new STABLE build at the same time.

    Best Regards,

    --

    Jordi Mas i Hernāndez (homepage http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas) http://www.softcatala.org