Re: commit: Visual text drag copies first. Left ruler table in frame fixes.

From: Ryan Pavlik (rpavlik_at_ryand.cjb.net)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 23:34:53 EST

    msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:

    >CVS: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    >CVS: Enter Log. Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
    >CVS:
    >CVS: Committing in .
    >CVS:
    >CVS: Modified Files:
    >CVS: text/fmt/xp/fp_FrameContainer.cpp text/fmt/xp/fp_Page.cpp
    >CVS: text/fmt/xp/fv_View.cpp wp/ap/xp/ap_LB_Default.cpp
    >CVS: wp/ap/xp/ap_LeftRuler.cpp
    >CVS: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    >Copy visual Text without cntl. Left ruler with table in frame fixes.
    >
    >I think the top and left rulers now do the right thing if they have a
    >table in them.
    >
    >I changed the behavior of visual dragging of text to be "copy" with no
    >keyboard button.
    >
    >If you want to "cut" do cntrl-left mouse or double click.
    >
    >This is the opposite of the situation before this commit. I changed to
    >make copy the "easiest" option because when I actually started to use the
    >feature I found I was copying a lot more than cutting.
    >
    >I'm happy to listen to a discussion about which should easiest though.
    >
    >cheers
    >
    >Martin

    If I recall correctly, Word does a cut and paste. I think it might be
    useful, though, to maybe do an explorer-esque popup menu if you drag
    with right mouse (with, say, copy, move, link (or something), or
    cancel). This would seem more natural to me, but let the more qualified
    people discuss and decide!

    Ryan