Re: RFC: iomega active disk

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 04:40:53 EST

    On mer, 2003-11-19 at 09:17, tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk wrote:

    > I would be prepared to do the coding, but the real issue is whether (a)
    > the AD licence is both compatible with the GPL, and

    It is not. You can't rebuild the application without being bound to the
    SDK license which is not compatible with GPL license.

    > (b) whether it is
    > acceptable to us. I have attached the full text of the SDK licence to the
    > bug report; if folk could have a look at this and we could have a
    > (civilised) discussion please.

    It is not acceptable as there are a lot a constrain associated with
    redistribution. This is also in conflict with GPL.

    (I commented the bug)

    Hub

    --
    "<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping,
    it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it