Re: commit (HEAD): rever uwog's changes to ut_string.h

From: Jordi Mas (jmas_at_softcatala.org)
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 17:09:58 EST

    En/na Tomas Frydrych ha escrit:

    > I have removed the inclusion of windows.h from the ut_string.h, as it
    > I could not built with it -- we really do not want windows specific
    > includes in anything that gets included into xp code.

    Hello Tomas,

    I did that include Tomas. That include was inside an already existing
    #ifdef WIN32 section. UT_string.h is XP code but contains win32 specific stuff.

    Since UT_strcoll is cross plataform and can be used in XP code, I think that
    any Win32 depency introduced by it should be solved where it is defined.
    Removing the include will cause undefined lstrcmpA errors where UT_strcoll is
    used under win32. And if you are using UT_strcoll in XP code (for example at
    xap_Dlg_Language.cpp), then you need to include windows.h.

    Since we need to include that file for lstrcmpA, I think that is better if we
    just do it in a single place, that is also where is defined and the dependency
    on that include is created, that's the reason why I add that include at
    UT_string.h.

    If you can think of any more elegant solution, fell free to go ahead, but
    removing that include you are breaking the build under vc++/win32.

    Thanks,

    --

    Jordi Mas i Hernāndez (homepage http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas) http://www.softcatala.org