Re: Commit (HEAD): fix win32 font mess

From: msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 09:21:16 EDT

    > J.M. Maurer wrote:
    >> Fix win32 Font rendering - Patch by dom, I'm just his patch bitch.
    >>
    >> ENJOY!
    >>
    >> Note: there is 1 crasher issue left. Could someone with a debug fix
    >> this? - Insert some text
    >> - Change a few chars to a different size
    >> - Select some of the 'old' text and the 'new' text -> crash.
    >>
    >> Marc
    >>
    >> Fix win32 font mess (Patch by Dom)
    >>

    > Marc, Dom
    >
    > It's so great that you could look into this!
    >
    > It looks like we have made some progress but now a document at 100%
    > looks smaller that it was used to look. If you create a document for
    > example for Times New Roman (12pt) and you compare it to what it looks
    > in Word or in previous versions of Abi, now it looks smaler and a bit
    > less clear (the font rendering). It's very simple to reproduce. If you
    > need, I can provide a sample document, screen captures, etc.

    Hi Jordi,
              The UNIX FE has this too. I guess we decided to live with it.
    I use it all the time and just set the zoom to page width.

             In any case I think this is a minor detail compared to the
    horrible state that the stable-2.0 Windows FE was in. Can you
    check that you no longer get overlapping lines in HEAD? Can you
    look at moving this code to the STABLE-2.0 branch. I think we
    should go with this code for both STABLE-2.0 and CVS HEAD and
    discard what is currently in STABLE-2.0.

    Lets build on this now and forget about the previous mess.