Re: Commit (HEAD): fix win32 font mess

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 09:30:10 EDT

    > It's so great that you could look into this!
    >
    > It looks like we have made some progress but now a
    > document at 100% looks
    > smaller that it was used to look. If you create a
    > document for example for
    > Times New Roman (12pt) and you compare it to what
    > it looks in Word or in
    > previous versions of Abi, now it looks smaler and a
    > bit less clear (the font
    > rendering). It's very simple to reproduce. If you
    > need, I can provide a sample
    > document, screen captures, etc.

    I think (I'm not 100% sure) that this is potentially a
    positive side-effect of our work. I think that before,
    we were rendering things at 72dpi, but now we're
    rendering at the screen's DPI, which was 96 on Marc's
    box.

    You can test my theory out by having
    'getDeviceResolution()' return 72.

    How does 'Fit To Width' look?