Re: Abi RPMs for RH9 again, was: Packaging wishes for 2.0.1

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 04:56:27 EDT

    On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 21:48, M. Fioretti wrote:
    > Absolutely right. But, my comments come just from the fact that the
    > previous GTk RPM wanted a libfribidi0 which is *not* in the fribidi
    > RPMs available for RH9. Check my messages here for details.

    Which ones are you talking about?
    There's fribidi, libfribidi and libfribidi-devel.
    I don't know exactly the logic of installation, but if IIRC fribidi was
    to be installed in SuSe or Mandrake, while libfribidi and
    libfribidi-devel followed best the RedHat practice.

    There are some RPMS here:
    http://savannah.gnu.org/download/abiword/1.99.3/misc/libfribidi/
    Although you may need to rebuild the src.rpm (I don't remember if those
    are for RH9 or RH8).
    I thought I had put libfribidi rpms for 9 (the above might be it) and
    ln'ed it on the savannah download site.

    AFAICT, the fribidi developers don't publish rpms, but I think their
    source is rpm'able.

    Also, I don't plan to support Fedora Core RPMS so far, but I'm no longer
    in proper conditions to support RH9 either at the moment. My laptop is
    no longer "pure RH9 enough" and my home machine is Fedora Cora beta2
    with updates from rawhide.

    Hugs, Rui

    + So let's do it...?

    Please AVOID sending me WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html