Fw: Re: CHM documentation

From: Kenneth J. Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 17:51:18 EST

    ------ Forwarded message ------
    From: Piers Cornwell <piers@myrealbox.com>
    Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:25:22 +0000
    Subject: Re: CHM documentation
    To: jeremyd@computer.org

    Hi,

    I'm not sure how possible it would be the automatically convert the docs
    to CHM format. Details of the spec are at:

    http://www.speakeasy.org/~russotto/chm/chmformat.html
    and
    http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/hhm/#chmspec

    but it's well above me to implement a compiler :(

    All I did was import all the HTML files into Microsoft's HTML Help
    compiler and add a contents. The full text search is generated by the
    help compiler.

    Perhaps there is some good way of automating the process? CHM help would
    be nice because 1) Its the native help format on Windows and 2) it
    allows full text search. It also reduces the size of the documentation
    (just the en-US) from 923KB to 527KB which is nice :)

    Thanks,

    -Piers (spark)

    PS: I can't seem to be able to sign up to the list, so if someone could
    forward this message to there, that'd be great.

    -------- End of message -------