Re: Headers and Footers

From: msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 17:27:56 EDT

    > They don't make sense in the Edit menu. Please propose
    > somewhere else to put them.
    >
    > That said, the toolbar and the shortcut keys still
    > work.

    I've thought a bit more about this and I think we should just bite the
    bullet and put the following entries in "insert" and "format" menus.

    In the "insert" menu => "insert Header","insert Footer"
    (these are grey if the is already a header/footer defined)

    In the "format" menu => "Edit Header","Edit Footer","Delete
    Header","Delete Footer"

    These are grey if there is no header/footer defined.

    Although this increases the size of the menus I think it's important we
    provide these controls in the menus in this logical way.
    It is what users would expect and is constent with the rest of AbiWord.

    We shouldn't place the ability to insert/edit/delete headers/footers only
    in toolbar controls which are hidden by default.

    Implementing this is straight forward. Are there opinions against this
    proposal?

    Martin