Re: commit: Headers and Fooetrs expand with content.

From: Ryan Pavlik (abiryan_at_ryand.net)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 16:36:42 EDT

    msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:

    >CVS: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    >CVS: Enter Log. Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
    >CVS:
    >CVS: Committing in .
    >CVS:
    >CVS: Modified Files:
    >CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_SectionLayout.cpp
    >CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_SectionLayout.h text/fmt/xp/fp_Column.cpp
    >CVS: text/ptbl/xp/pd_Document.cpp text/ptbl/xp/pd_Document.h
    >CVS: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    >Headers and Footers expand with content now.
    >
    >This enables the Headers and footers to expand with content. I implemented
    >this by first detecting whether a header/footer had exceded it's maximum
    >height. If it does, I start a timer that runs at "idle" speed and executes
    >whent he piecetable has finished updating, we're not redrawing or loading
    >a document.
    >
    >It performs a changeStrux on the section to expand the
    >page-header(footer)-margin by the correct margin then deletes itself.
    >
    >There are various check in place to make sure only one of these runs per
    >document.
    >
    >It all works nicely.
    >
    >I love it when a plan comes together :-)
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Martin

    While you're at it, could you take a quick peek at the (at least on
    Windows) Page Margins/Header-footer dialog (under format:document). The
    Header/Footer size options act really weird. There's something broken
    there that I can't quite pin down. Of course, using just the ruler
    works most of the time, but there's another ruler bug I'm tracking down
    (actually a zoom bug) that makes it harder on Windows.

    Thanks!

    Ryan