EV_TBIT_ComboBox vs. EV_TBIT_DropDown

From: Jordi Mas <jmas_at_softcatala.org>
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 14:02:08 CET

Hi folks,

At ev_Toolbar_Actions.h we have a description of the toolbar item types
EV_TBIT_ComboBox and EV_TBIT_DropDown:

EV_TBIT_DropDown = 5, /* list box w/no text entry */
EV_TBIT_ComboBox = 6, /* list box w/ text entry */

It sounds correct to me. DropDown is a listbox with no text entry (a regular
ListBox control under Win32) and ComboBox is a listbox with item editing (am
ComboBox under Win32).

However, when we define the toolbar items that have listbox alike controls we
use EV_TBIT_ComboBox:

_s(AP_TOOLBAR_ID_FMT_STYLE, EV_TBIT_ComboBox, "style", AV_CHG_FMTSTYLE |
AV_CHG_MOTION, ap_ToolbarGetState_Style);

Under my opinion, since style, fontFamily, fontSize and other toolbar items do
not allow text editing they should *be really* EV_TBIT_DropDown. Right now,
our implementation of EV_TBIT_ComboBox does not allow to edit items in Win32
or Linux and there is No EV_TBIT_DropDown implementation at all.

Do you guys agree with this view?

If that's what we all understand I would like to fix this because I would like
it to have it right since now is really confusing and we are defining enums
that do not do what you expect them to do.

Jordi,

--
Jordi Mas i Hernāndez
Homepage and LiveJournal at http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas