Re: SearchBar in Abi

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 12:47:10 CET

> Hello!
>
> These days I have been playing with the idea of adding a SearchBar into
> Abiword. I always have found these bars very useful (VC++ 6.0) or now the
> web
> browser FireFox.
>
> I have a proof of concept under Win32 (other platforms will need extra
> work, I
> can do GTK also). See:
>
> http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas/abi-searchbar.png
> (see the last toolbar)
>
> If you think that this can be a useful feature I can invest some time in
> Xmas
> to finish this bar. For now, I have invest little time time, but I do not
> want
> to invest more if this is not going to make into CVS HEAD.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jordi,

Hi Jordi,
         I think this is a great idea. We can put all the functionality of
the Find / replace dialog into the toolbar. So have another field
for the replace text and find next/ replace /replace all buttons.
It would make it much easier to use.

As others have said, it should be an extra toolbar users can activate or
not like the other four.

Vote++