the WordPerfect importer Re: Where should AbiGdkPixbuf go?

From: <william.lachance_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 02:31:00 CET

> Op vr, 31-12-2004 te 09:54 +1100, schreef
> msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au:
> > Hi folks,
> > One thing that slipped through the cracks in the 2.2 release is
> > that gdkpixbuf loader remains a plugin rather than being built
> > into AbiWord.
> >
> > Of course this is really silly since it's a trivial amount of code and
> > significantly improves the AbiWord experience for unix users.
> >
> > As I recall the thing that held us up was deciding which directory the
> > plugin should go.
> >
> > I propose to place it in
> >
> > abi/src/wp/impexp/unix
>
> ./abi/src/wp/impexp/unix/ie_impexp_GdkPixbuf.cpp imo

While we're at it, would it be ok if we moved the WordPerfect importer into the main tree? It really is a core piece of functionality IMO (and at this point is quite mature). It annoys me to no end when I see people claim that AbiWord does not have WordPerfect support (because they didn't download the plugins package).

We can always add the option to not compile it in if the libwpd dependancy is a problem for other developers.

Thanks,

William