Re: the WordPerfect importer Re: Where should AbiGdkPixbuf go?

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 04:39:56 CET

> While we're at it, would it be ok if we moved the WordPerfect importer into the main tree? It really is a core piece of functionality IMO (and at this point is quite mature). It annoys me to no end when I see people claim that AbiWord does not have WordPerfect support (because they didn't download the plugins package).

1/ abiword-plugins is now part of the main tarball unless things changed
recently again
2/ you won't prevent distribution implementors from splitting it out as
a different package that user will no install because.
3/ For windows, there is a lot of polish to fix that issue...

> We can always add the option to not compile it in if the libwpd dependancy is a problem for other developers.

I undersand your concerns. But libwpd should not be a dependency at all
for the tree.

Hub