Re: Updates for AbiWord Manual: Does someone want to commit these?

From: Alan Horkan (horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 06:45:52 EST

    On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Ryan Pavlik wrote:

    > Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:37:33 -0600
    > From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
    > To: AbiWord Developers <abiword-dev_at_abisource.com>
    > Subject: Updates for AbiWord Manual: Does someone want to commit these?
    >
    > Hello there! Prompted by a message on the user list, and some talk in
    > the channel, I've gotten to work updating the manual for 2.2. Attached
    > is a diff for several of the ABW files in the Abiword-docs module. I
    > did not update the .INFO files, because I do not know the format.
    > Furthermore, I did not know if I was supposed to run the generation
    > scripts, and which ones I should run, if any. However, I did figure
    > that the originals are in the ABW files.
    >
    > Changed in this update:
    > Partially rewritten opening page introductions for additionally
    > confident sound, a little more professional, maybe, as well as updates
    > since original authorship.
    > Corrected spelling and grammar errors
    > Linked second unlinked part of tutorial to main tutorial page
    > Consistent usage of "AbiWord" as opposed to abiword or Abiword
    > Updates to feature list for 2.2

    Consistancey is good but wouldn't Abiword have been better than AbiWord?

    I know a lot of us write AbiWord but it isn't normal to have capital
    letters in the middle of a word, even if a lot of software projects seem
    to like doing it. (Of course I dont expect you to revert you changes, but
    prehaps in future you might change it back to Abiword if others agree if
    that is the best style to use?)

    Sincerely

    Alan Horkan