Is GTK24 really needed?

From: Petr Tomasek (tomasek_at_etf.cuni.cz)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 09:15:55 EST

    Hello!

    I'd like to ask, if it is really 100% necessary to have
    GTK24 branch? Wouldn't some #ifdef's be better solution?
    Will AbiWord-2.2 require gtk-2.4?

    In my oppinion the only thing where gtk-2.4 really matters
    is the new filechooser. It would be nice OTOH, if abiword
    didn't force the users to use the latest gtk, if it could
    work without major problems with the older one.

    And besides, maintaining yet another branch doesn't
    seem like a very good idea.

    Or are there any other reasons for doing that?

    Thnak You!

    Petr Tomasek

    --
    Petr Tomasek, http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek/