Re: The road to 2.2.

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 09:00:03 EST

    > My intent here, before life got in the way, was to
    > store the original
    > SVG, compressed and base-64-encoded, in a CDATA
    > block (like PNG).
    > Although it is possible to store the SVG in a
    > namespace, it can result
    > in a massive size increase of some SVG images as
    > many XML optimizations
    > get lost during parsing. From a code perspective,
    > also, it's neater to
    > be able to keep SVG parsing/rendering code entirely
    > separate from the
    > AWML parser.

    Agreed. I'd also like to at least optionally store a
    PNG alongside the SVG, so that if we don't have a SVG
    viewer, we at least get a PNG version of the image,
    and thus degrade somewhat acceptably.

    Dom

    =====
    I think the problem with the Democratic Party in general is that they've been so afraid to lose they're willing to say whatever it takes to win. And once you're willing to say whatever it takes to win, you lose. - Howard Dean

    http://www.deanforamerica.com/