Re: The road to 2.2.

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 08:56:37 EST

    > >> 4. Import (X)HMTL to the quality we export it.
    > >
    > > I estimate that to do this remotely correctly, it
    > will
    > > take at least 1 man year. This is also not a
    > > highly-requested item.
    > >

    > I disagree with the timescale. The code to do basic
    > table import is in. It
    > handles cells spanning rows and columns as well as
    > nested tables. It just
    > needs a bit more love to handle my main use - pasted
    > Gnumeric cells.

    If tables are all that you want, then it will take
    less than a year. However, I don't see how one could
    construe "Import (X)HMTL to the quality we export it"
    as "sort-of import tables." There are a lot of other
    things that we don't import correctly from XHTML,
    besides what lousy support we have for HTML 4.x and
    CSS.

    > I would like to aim for GUADEC again. We might make
    > it this year. The core
    > is pretty stable now. I use 2.1.1 all the time. The
    > new features and these
    > last items need lots more love though. But I'm
    > always optimistic :-)

    Two months is not unrealistic for a beta release. It's
    quite ambitious for a final release, IMO.

    Thanks for your dedication, in spite of my lack of it
    at the moment :)

    Best regards,
    Dom

    =====
    I think the problem with the Democratic Party in general is that they've been so afraid to lose they're willing to say whatever it takes to win. And once you're willing to say whatever it takes to win, you lose. - Howard Dean

    http://www.deanforamerica.com/