Re: The road to 2.2.

From: David Bolack (dbolack_at_electricmulch.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 16:48:56 EST

    msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
    > > > 6. Implement a GNOME-Office feature request for
    > > > external apps to easily
    > > > find and manipulate segments on AbiWord documents.
    > > >
    > > One of these guys want a libabiword.so so that he can
    > > manipulate documents in a Glade-like fashion, instead
    > > of generating static reports. Further, this guy's app
    > > is a GTK 1.2 app that won't have another release for
    > > about 1 year. He's up to his eyeballs in work and this
    > > is not a priority for him. I don't see why this should
    > > be a priority for us.

      I think what they are looking for is still disirable but I think the
    whole Glade-alike may be the wrong path.

    > I would like to aim for GUADEC again. We might make it this year. The core
    > is pretty stable now. I use 2.1.1 all the time. The new features and these
    > last items need lots more love though. But I'm always optimistic :-)

      Aim for Guadec next year. Get all three of the keystone projects on
    board for aiming coordinated major milestones.

      This should also be Gnome Office 1.0 ( or 2.0 for those who want to
    start at 2.0 for this new incarnation ) and lastly, that this is being
    aimed for should be mentioned publicly until two quarters before
    Guadec. This would also give us time to get some helper/associated apps
    on board an in process for the next major release version.

     IMNSH(Marketing)O