Re: RFC: 2.3 feature list

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 01:01:27 CET

Hubert Figuiere wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 09:20 +1100, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
>

>>My "small" extra features would be:
>>
>>1. Progress bar.
>>2. Split screens.
>>3. Optional Tabbed interface like firefox.
>>
>>These two will benefit enormously from Marc's RC work.
>>

>UI design. There are a few things already to be redone.

With regard to this, I'd really like to see "bugs" like meta #7400
resolved by then. Simple UI polishing things that can probably be done
2.2.x even, but majorly improve the overall "feel" of the user's
experience. These should also be relatively safe bugs to fix, and I
might even be able to learn to do them. I plan on filing some more of
these and similar bugs at least on the Windows platform, and I think
that a similar effort on Unix would be good, though possibly not
neccessary with the HIG work that's been done recently.

--
Ryan Pavlik