bit of help with bug #7397

From: James Whitwell <abacau_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 13:07:00 CEST

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out bug #7397 (Cocoa front end, new window is too
tall for the screen, goes under the dock). I think I've figured out
the cause, but I'm not sure what's the best way to fix it. No doubt
these'll seem like pretty trivial things to worry about, but I'm new.
:) The problem seems to be that the height of the toolbar isn't taken
into consideration when setting the window height. The Windows code
seems to do some calculations to figure out how big it can make the
document window, but I can't see corresponding code in the cocoa
version. In xap_CocoaFrameImpl.mm, line 271, it uses [NSScreen
visibleFrame] to get the height of the screen minus the dock and the
menu bar. Should there be a bit more after that to subtract the
toolbar height? What happens when the toolbar is turned on or off?

cheers,
;) james.