Re: patch: mingw32.mk for zlib

From: <sum1_lists_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 22:01:56 CEST

Mihai Preda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks to the answers I received I built the abiword HEAD on MinGW.
>
> I had to do some little modifications to mingw32.mk in order to have the
> correct paths for the zlib includes and lib (I used the HEAD version of
> zlib).

The zlib peer directory is only used for VC++ builds. When building with
MinGW, you need to use a precompiled zlib.dll. I believe your patch
breaks that dll support :). From the build doc:

"You will need the "zlib" library to build AbiWord. The zlib "compiled
DLL" version can be found at http://www.gzip.org/zlib/. Extract the
complete archive (i.e. headers, library files, and the compiled dll) to
a peer directory named 'libs\zlib\'."