Re: Generic Embeddable plugins.

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 09:51:39 CET

Hi Martin,

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
> I'm working on getting the MathML code into the plugin framework now. I'm
> mostly a bottom-up developer and I'm discovering issues with the API as I
> do the work.
>
> My feeling is that we should evolve our API as we gain experience. If
> there are specific short comings you can see with it please let me know.

While I too tend to work from bottom up, when it comes to a public API I
am concerned that with this approach the API might change significantly
from release to release, and that would be contraproductive. If we want
people to write and *maintain* plugins for AW, we need to make life as
easy for them as possible, and that means as stable API as possible to
start with.

Tomas