Re: Need help with translating [signed]

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 13:35:50 CET

Erdal Ronahi [c] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want to start a translation of the Abiword strings into Kurdish from
> the Turkish .po-file. I have managed to get that file via CVS and am
> translating it with poEdit (Windows). I have no experience with
> translating po-files. My question is:
>
> Is there an easy way to try out the translations? I have seen that I
> can modify the .strings-files in the AbiWord/Strings directory. But is
> there a way to export the translated strings form poEdit into one of
> the .strings-files?
>
> Hope you can help a translation newbie.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Erdal

Yes there is! Just look in the AbiWord cvs tree, under the "abi"
module, there is a file called po2abi.pl. Run this script with
ActiveState Perl. I believe it is run "po2abi.pl < whatever.po >
whatever.strings" but I am not sure. Give it a shot, someone else may
have more experience with this and can let you know exactly the command
to use.

--
Ryan Pavlik