Re: Need help with translating [signed]

From: J.M. Maurer <j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl>
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 14:26:27 CET

Hi Erdan,

> I want to start a translation of the Abiword strings into Kurdish from
> the Turkish .po-file. I have managed to get that file via CVS and am
> translating it with poEdit (Windows). I have no experience with
> translating po-files. My question is:
>
> Is there an easy way to try out the translations? I have seen that I can
> modify the .strings-files in the AbiWord/Strings directory. But is there
> a way to export the translated strings form poEdit into one of the
> .strings-files?
>
> Hope you can help a translation newbie.

We use a perl script to convert a .po file into a .strings file, but I
don't know if you can run that on Windows. The script is called
ui-backport.pl, and is located in the \abi\po directory.

Or if you are just lazy, you can send me the file from time to time, and
I'll convert it for you then.

Bye!
  Marc