Re: Next steps: dictionary (Re: Kurdish Translation closing in)

From: J.M. Maurer <j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl>
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 00:26:32 CET

>>I'm not sure if
>>you spotted this, but the last ku.strings file had a
>>duplicate entry that prevented it from being used
>>
>No, I didn't know. Neither did I know that you implemented the
>translation into 2.2.5 already! In fact, it is far too fuzzy for that.
>Fortunately it doesn't work anyway because of the error. :)

Fuzzy is better than having nothing. Whatever you send to the mailing
list will get committed. Besides, including it early keeps you sharp :-)

>When is the deadline for 2.2.6? We want to provide a translation that is
>as clean as possible by that date.

The deadline has yet to be determinded, but don't expect it to be before
March 28th.

>What about an implementation of Aspell/Ispell/MySpell in Kurdish with
>enchant? We have small but working dictionaries for Kurdish.

As long as those dictionaries are installed, I think they will work out
of the box on Linux and OSX. On Windows it's a different story. For now,
we need special ispell dictionaries there, but we are planing to move to
enchant on Windows as well.

Bye!
  Marc