Re: All cheer for Martin!

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 04:02:20 CET

> As I missed the 2000 commits barrier (sorry!), let's thank Martin at the
> 2100 checkins barrier:
>
> Martin: Thanks a lot for all your great work you've been doing over the
> past few years. Without a doubt, if you wouldn't have joined the project
> back in the summer of 1999, AbiWord would not even be _close_ to where
> it is today.
>
> I truely hope you will keep committed to this project, as we would have
> a really hard time to continue hacking at the pace you are doing now.
>
> Rock on, all the best,
> Marc Maurer

Woo Hoo! I'm Number 1! I've finally passed Dom and I didn't notice :-)

Thanks for your kind words Marc.

As much I enjoy having got the number 1 committer spot from Dom it's
absolutely clear that AbiWord is a fantastic team effort. It's just so
much *fun* to hack on AbiWord I can't imagine ever stopping.

It's fun because I get be creative. It's fun because you lot are such
great company. It's fun because we really are building the best damn
Writing Tool on the planet. See
http://www.detnews.com/2005/techcolumns/0503/10/tech-113411.htm
(Thanks for the link Alan and congratulations FJF and Hub!). It's fun
because our little Abi crowd are beating multi-billion dollar companies at
their own game :-)

So we're all doing the right things. Lets keep on doing them.

Rock on everyone!

Martin

I also want to say how *much* I value everyone who has worked on AbiWord.
I have no intention of giving up on it's develop