Re: commit: abi (BOTH): CocoaAbi menu of font names in own fonts

From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 20:30:10 CEST

> Then look for example at the Format Frame dialog.
> The layout is
> different (Good Thing (TM)), but the
> *functionallity* offered is also
> different (Bad Thing (TM)).
>
> Give me 1 good reason why this is a good thing.

The functionality should be different when the need is
different.

For example, it should be possible for AbiWord on OSX
to integrate with the System Services. Abi on OSX
should integrate with AppleScript. Abi on Windows
doesn't have a need for these things. The
functionality is different. This is a good thing.

Should the functionality of the "Format Frame" dialog
differ between platforms? No, probably not. But if
that's all this thread is about...

Should FJF's font menu stay on MacOS? Maybe. I've seen
other MacOS WPs do that, and the people I talked to
seemed to like it. Here, the user's needs/expectations
differ, and we should allow FJF a wide berth to play
around with things as he wishes, so that our MacOS
users get the best experience we can possibly give
them.

Best,