Re: ambitions of Abi-word

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 20:43:42 CET

Martin Sevior wrote:

> That said, AbiWord boasts a number of very talented developers who may
> well (actually they definitely do :-)) have different priorities.

I am working on ink support to make AbiWord more usable on tablet
computer; I am determined to have this for 2.6.

> 1. pluggable pango-based graphics class for complex scripts (Like Indix
> and Thai languaes.)

Has been on my list for past couple of years, but now that Ryan took
over the win32 maitanance, I might, in fact have the time to finish
this. There is quite a bit of the code written, and others should feel
free to chip in -- this does not require knowledge of any exotic
languages; we need to get it work ok with English to start with.

> 4. Speed-ups for large documents. A fair bit of the problems have been
> identified and placed on our wiki.

Would really like to see the PT rewritten along the lines outlined by
cuenca.

> 11. Cross references.

You can do cross-references using bookmarks with the the Page Reference
field. Are you looking for something more sophisticated?

Tomas