Re: ambitions of Abi-word / remarks ABIword

From: Daniel d'Andrada Tenório de Carvalho <daniel.carvalho_at_indt.org.br>
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 13:21:56 CET

Hi everyone!

Guys,just keep in mind to not fall into a "featuritis fever". AbiWord
still has some real issues in its core, like several rendering artifacts
and creating abw files with lot's of duplicated info being passed along
its element hierarchy (as it reflects the state of the piece table,
maybe it's an issue with the piece table itself).

I know that I'm just writing a plugin filter for a file format that most
abi developers are not very fond of but I want to be proud of having
done it for "that really ingenious word processor called AbiWord".

Maybe I'm being redundant but, well, it won't hurt either. :-)

Best Regards,
Daniel d'Andrada T. de Carvalho - INdT

PS: Attached image gathered from
http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_passionate_users/2005/06/featuritis_vs_t.html