Re: CVS: commit hub abi/src/wp/ap/cocoa ap_CocoaApp.mm

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 20:07:28 CEST

Francis James Franklin wrote:

>> Well looks like you people don't want:
>>
>> 1/ people contributing to the Mac port
>> 2/ want the Mac port to be a huge piece of shit like it still is. And
>> yes you can blame me for most of the crap, but not all.
>>
>> Ultra pissed off.
>

> Well, firstly, people rarely if ever want to contribute to the Mac port;

Making it harder won't help. Stop the B.S.

> and, secondly, look at the amount of stress when there's just the two of
> us.

sure

"I don't see an indentation style" you told me when asked you to respect
the one currently in use, after I had reindented your code to match what
was already there.

"nil is not 0. NULL is not 0" I said. Each time I have to go thru and
fix that.

> I agree that the Mac port is not ready for a proper 2.4 release but it's
> getting there. (We released 2.2 for OS X and that wasn't close to
> acceptable until about 2.2.3.)

2.2.7, when I fixed the justification code YOU broke.... But given how
nobody did complain, I wonder why I have fixed it. Wait. Because I was
trying to use AbiWord for once.

> I never expected to have grammar and
> equations working so soon in 2.4, so I'm feeling optimistic.

I am not. There are still more major issue to be addressed that are more
important that MacOS X specific features (/me point at the tool palette
thinking that it will be more work to make it XP than it would have been
if it had been done this way since the beginning)

> I really don't understand why you're getting so upset over this. Clearly
> there is a problem linking against gtkmathview, but there's no way for
> you to fix it unless you build gtkmathview yourself, which you don't
> seem to want to do.

I was trying to fix things, and suddenly the whole thing BREAK and no
documentation has been updated to explain what to do. I could have
figured out, but given the spare time I have, I just jumped to something
out in frustration.

Note that since I didn't want to break the build for anyone else, I
still haven't gone thru the build system revamp to make it easier....
That is to respect other people's work and time spent.

Hub