Re: Frank vs. Hubert

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sun Sep 04 2005 - 06:54:17 CEST

> "J.M. Maurer" <j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl> fired a flaming arrow at
> my monitor on 09/03/2005 12:57 PM -0700 with this note attached:
>> On Sat, 2005-09-03 at 22:19 +0300, Omer Zak wrote:
> [snip]
>>> after
>>>having been exposed to the much stronger stuff created during the
>>>confrontation in my country between the pro-disengagement and
>>>anti-disengagement camps.
>>

>> ... and I kindly ask you to keep political issues off this list :-)
>>
>> Marc
> [snip]
>>
> Oh, so it's OK to get snotty and rude and crude about programming but
> when someone refers to a real life issue that actually makes a
> difference to real people rather than just a few developers that isn't OK?
>
> That last comment was completely unnecessary because Omer made no
> political statement one way or the other on a political issue. Shame
> on you.

Robert,
       On this list we have a rule to keep the discussion related to
AbiWord. As you point out there are many, many issues that involve
real people and real lives. There are also plenty of places where
those discussions can take place. The rule about on-topic
discussions makes perfect sense on the abiword-dev ml.

All of us here are devoted to AbiWord. Many of us may also have
diametrically opposed points of view on other topics of great importance
to us. The rule helps this community thrive.

I think your "shame on you" to Marc for gently reminding Omar of the rule
is totally uncalled for.

Martin