Re: Frank vs. Hubert

From: Robert G. Werner <robert_at_inreachtech.net>
Date: Sun Sep 04 2005 - 10:15:19 CEST

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au fired a flaming arrow at my monitor on
09/03/2005 9:54 PM -0700 with this note attached:
[snip]

> Robert,
> On this list we have a rule to keep the discussion related to
> AbiWord. As you point out there are many, many issues that involve
> real people and real lives. There are also plenty of places where
> those discussions can take place. The rule about on-topic
> discussions makes perfect sense on the abiword-dev ml.
>
> All of us here are devoted to AbiWord. Many of us may also have
> diametrically opposed points of view on other topics of great importance
> to us. The rule helps this community thrive.
>
> I think your "shame on you" to Marc for gently reminding Omar of the rule
> is totally uncalled for.
>
> Martin
[snip]

OK. I'll accept that. I apologive to Marc and and any others.

But it seems a bit strange to castagate Omar for merely mentioning a
contentious political situation he has experienced in his own country.

Never mind. Doesn't really matter a lick to me and I do think there
are lots of things that are much much much more important.

--
In Reach Technology:    http://www.inreachtech.net/
Robert G. Werner