Re: OpenDocument commit - Initial support for text boxes (import

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 14:22:44 CEST

> Hi guys,
>
> I have just commited a patch adding support for text boxes (on the
> import filter).
>
> It's initial because I have implemented only main features/properties.
>
> I will now do a more thorough look at OpenDocument text boxes to find
> missing features that the importer should parse too.
>
> Best Regards,
> Daniel d'Andrada T. de Carvalho - INdT

This is great Daniel. Open Document import is getting close to MS Word,
Word Perfect and RTF now!

I suspect we'll have to implement in-line text boxes and frames to support
Open DDocument inline images and of course in-line text boxes. I've been
thinking about how to do this and we might be able to squeeze the feature
into 2.6.

Thanks very much!