Re: AbiWord needs CVS HEAD GtkMathView for a little bit.

From: Luca Padovani <lpadovan_at_cs.unibo.it>
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 08:43:15 CEST

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 13:04 +1000, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
> The fixes include the ability to correctly display partial derivatives,
> vector variables and stretched definate integrals. We're still a long way
> short of Latex quality Maths but we're significantly better than where we
> were.

There's another important bug that I'd like to fix in the plugin code.
Right now, if one tries to load a mathml file and this fails (the file
doesn't exist, the file is not well-formed xml, ...) abiword crashes.

Detecting that something went wrong is easy because the loadBuffer
method returns false in GR_MathManager::_loadMathML
(AbiMathView.cpp:675). The returned value is currently ignored. I don't
know if in this part of the code it is too late to abort the embedding.
If it is, we can just force the loading of a minimal MathML buffer
indicating that an error has occurred. Suggestions?

Cheers,
--luca