Re: AbiWord on OLPC progress

From: Tomas Frydrych <tf_at_o-hand.com>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 17:57:29 CEST

Hi Erik,

> I've been making some progress though. I've created a WordProcessor
> activity in Sugar, the OLPC shell, and managed to get AbiWord embedded
> in Sugar with GtkPlugs. Obligatory screenshot:
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/erikpukinskis/188773007/

Nice.

> 1) My current plan is to have a --enable-olpc command line option,

That would be OK for initial testing, but i think for the real thing we
should make this into a configure option, and compile out things that
are not going to be used in the app; it might be good to at least start
thinking about what that will involve.

> which would both start up AbiWord in a GtkPlug instead of a window,
> and would signal the alternate interface. I figured out how to create
> a commpand line parameter, and get its value into a method in AP_Args,
> but I need to be able to access that object in, for example,
> XAP_UnixFrameImpl::_createTopLevelWindow. But the arguments don't get
> passed down that far. How should I get that information passed in?

I think the cleanest way is to add whaterver you need to the XAP_UnixApp
object, and set it at some suitable place, probably in
AP_Args::doWindowlessArgs () .

Tomas