Re: Croatian Localization

From: Kenneth J. Davis <jeremyd_at_fdos.org>
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 02:53:31 CEST

Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> Renato - No, problem, glad to help. Regarding spelling - I meant
> including the Croatian spell-checking dictionary in the installation sets.
>
> Everyone - how does one go localizing the following AbiWord helper files:
> - Help (is it single file that is built into html help or do you have to
> localize every single html file, delivered as English help with AbiWord)?

I'm assuming these are about the files displayed during installation.
> - Licence Agreement - can it be localized?

NSIS supports this, however, because English is the official text (and I
wasn't sure how much translation would really occur) the AbiWord
installer does not currently use this feature, so possible but not
without modifying the installer and adding the needed copies of the
license text.

> - Default document on first start - readme.txt - can it be localized?

Sure, its a few minutes work to the installer with the real work to
do/get the localized/translated versions. :-)

> - Templates - can/should they be localized?
don't recall

Jeremy